Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And there's more!

I received a phone call yesterday from one of my nurse's who informed me that Dr. Maturo had time to take a closer look at my sonogram from last week and noticed that Baby Baird's amniotic fluid was lower than normal. She explained to me that I was still in what they would call the "safe zone," but it's not where they would like it. So.... instead of having two NST's twice a week, I am going in once a week to a sonographer to have a biophysical profile done on the baby. What is this you may ask??? Basically they are looking at his movements (they want him to kick, move his hands, swish around, that sort of thing), they are looking for him to take practice breaths and they're keeping an eye on the level of amniotic fluid.

I went in for my first one today and she said that everything looked good. He was being quite stubborn on taking practice breaths, but she said that typically it takes most babies a while to do them. As long as he takes a certain amount of practice breaths within a certain time frame we're OK!

On a happier note! At childbirth class on Monday, Adam got to experience (for 5 minutes) what it feels like to be pregnant! He got to wear a empathy belly! Yay!! Our instructor made him do all sorts of fun stuff! She kept throwing her markers on the floor for him to pick up (God I love this woman). So here are some pictures that I took! I hope everyone enjoys!! (I sure did!)














Here's Adam putting on the empathy belly :) (weighed 50lbs!)


















Gettin the feel for it!


















Oops Adam dropped his "keys"


















Having trouble tying those shoes???



















And last but not least :) This one is my favorite!

2 comments:

  1. haha i love the empahty belly! at least adam didn't put it on and then say "this isn't so bad" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing! I love how the instructor was throwing his keys on the ground,ha!

    ReplyDelete